This is usually the question you face at the end of an interview. So those are tips to follow, because even if you had one billion questions in your mind, when the person tells you to ask them it is panic, all of a sudden. So recruiters usually try to prepare you to this situation, but it is anyway complicated if you don’t have a group of simple questions to ask to start investigating how the company behaves.
Once a recruiter sent me these notes:
“Remember, this is an opportunity for you to ask any questions you have about the organisation and technologies. Make sure you are prepared and have a good understanding of what they do as an organisation.
Some good questions I have suggested in the past are;
- What do you enjoy most about working here?
- What made you want to join <THE COMPANY>?
- Can you talk me through a typical day working at <THE COMPANY>?
- What are some of the challenges you have faced whilst working here? And what challenges do you think could come up in the future?
- If I was to join the business and meet or exceed your expectations within the first 6 months to a year, what opportunities could there be for me in the future?
- How would you best describe the current Dev team?
- How do you measure performance in the team?
Remember!!! – Keep your questions focused on the role and DO NOT ask anything about the financial package or benefits etc. as this could give the impression your focus is based on what you will get rather than what you can give!
That should give you an idea about some things worth touching on”
Let me add one thing: it is never a good idea to accept an offer based only on the salary!!! This simply because nobody gives you nothing for free, and situations happen in which you accept an offer because it is higher than others and you end up in a company with old technologies, strange tech stack, doing something very boring, with no career, with no training, with no salary increase. And when you decide to move on, you will discover that your price on the market is low because in the time you spent doing nothing cutting edge people progressed and technologies as well. Take challenges, think about the future, invest on yourself!!!
And… Stay tuned!
Leave a Reply